"Hey 23! Call me." - Hayley James Scott
Nathan: Go to 1423 River Street and find your next envelope, on the way tell three things you like about eachother.
Haley: I don’t know.
Nathan: Look, I’ll go first. You’re the most patient person I know, you don’t go postal on me during tutoring, you don’t treat me like some sort of a moron, I really appreciate that.
Haley: And number three?
Nathan: You’re loyalty to Lucas, I mean, I’m not always wild about how it plays out, but it’s cool.
Haley: Okay, three things I like about you.
Nathan: My good looks.
Haley: I like the way you let me in, past all the bluster you give everybody else, and I like your smile when you solve a problem and you’re not horrible to look at.
One Tree Hill 1x08 - The Search for Something More
I can’t even explain how much I love this scene:
- I love that Nathan is so cocky, that he doesn’t even bother looking at the hoop for a free throw
- I love that “One Tree Hill” taught me what a “free throw” even is
- I love that Nathan is wearing Lucas Scott’s jersey because Lucas can’t play due to his heart condition
- I love that he gets the free throw in right after Damien taunts him “you got nothing Scott”
- I love that Hayley throws herself into Nathan’s arms after the Ravens win and Mark Schwan mixes in some nice slow-motion editing. Very emotionally engaging (for all my media students out there)
- I love that Hayley goes from being “Tutor Girl” to blonde, a cheerleader and married to one of the team captains and best friends with the other. Nice work Hayley James Scott!
- I love that this scene comes from an episode which opens with Nathan completely dominating basketball and saying to his wife in the middle of the game “are you sure you don’t wanna sleep with me till the ceremony? I know I look pretty sexy right now”. Be still my beating heart
- I love that “Unsatisfied” by Nine Black Alps is playing in the background
- I love that Nathan wins. a) The basketball game. b) The mental battle with Damien who keeps trying to hit on Hayley.
One Tree Hill 3x20 - Everyday is a Sunday Evening
My favourite part of watching Season 7, has been to see Nathan be the perfect husband. To watch him stand by Hayley and be her everything after 6 seasons of depending on her to be his world.
I’ll tell you something I am sure of. We’re all afraid. Some of us find ways to hide that fear, and some of us don’t. But we’ve all got “it,” you know? And it’s always there.
Hayley’s voice was very Season 3 in this scene
Nathan: Jamie had a blast today. The guys built him a snow fort. I know that you came here just for him. And I love you for that, Haley.
Haley: Please don’t think that I take that for granted. I’m so grateful for who you’ve been through all of this. And how you’ve been.
Nathan: There’s no other way for me to be. You’ve saved me so many times. I worry that I’ve been selfish with you, that I’m taking advantage of you; you’re strength and your selflessness, and that I’ve broken you somehow.
Haley: No, no. You haven’t-you didn’t. I have a weight in my heart now that I didn’t have before. It was lighter today, though.
7x22 - “Almost Everything I Wish I’d Said The Last Time I Saw You…”
This opening montage in the season finale had me in tears!
7x22 - “Almost Everything I Wish I’d Said The Last Time I Saw You”
LOVING that they referenced this scene in One Tree Hill tonight. A little heartbroken that Hayley doesn’t wear her bracelet anymore :(
Nathan: Check it out. “You can just score your touchdowns, Mr. Bigshot, because Math don’t care and neither do I.”
Hayley: It’s not gonna change anything, Nathan. Whatever prize you find in that box is not gonna fix me.
Nathan: Why not? It fixed me.
One Tree Hill 7x21 - What’s In The Ground Belongs To You
HALEY: I need to know that you’re gonna let me in, Nathan. I mean, all the way.
NATHAN: I will. Okay, I’ll let you in. If that’s what it takes, I’ll let you in. It’s just sometimes I’m afraid that if I do, you’ll see the real me, the guy I was before you. I’m not proud of that person, the one that I used to be. But if I have to be that guy to keep you safe, then that’s who I’m gonna be. Look, if you want me to apologize for defending you or for fighting back when somebody hurts you, then I can’t do that. I won’t do that, okay? Because the truth is that’s a guy I’ll never be, a guy that just stands by and watches while the world hurts you. Can you understand that?
One Tree Hill 4x11 - Everything In It’s Right Place